What's Waves Platform
Image: Waves will be integrated in the new updated version of Mycelium wallet.
New altcoin will be added to Poloniex next week. Initial coin offering (ICO) ended on the first of June but if you want to ride some waves as trading of new coin opens, do follow this one - Waves.
Waves - Quick Info
- What is Waves: Waves is a blockchain-based colored coins platform, which will allow for future decentralized value transfers all over the world. It connects the fiat world and cryptocurrencies.
- ICO price per coin: 0.2 USD
- Total token supply: 100 Million
- Codebase: https://github.com/wavesplatform
- Whitepaper (link to PDF)
- TRADING STARTS: 14 JUNE 2016
The whitepaper says that WAVES is a decentralized blockchain platform focusing on custom blockchain tokens operations. National currencies transfer is maintained on the WAVES blockchain through compliant gateway operators. Decentralized token exchange facilitates fundraising, crowdfunding, and trading of financial instruments on the blockchain.
In plain English, Waves is meant literally as p2p cash, taking into account different nations have different currencies and putting these on blockchain.
It is interesting idea but it should be noted that it is unclear how and if it will actually work in real world.
Getting Waves as a Supporter Bounty
Early supporters receive bounties for the following activities:
- 200000 tokens reserved for following official WAVES account on Twitter.
- 200000 tokens reserved for joining official WAVES Facebook group.
- 100000 tokens reserved for translations and maintaining national WAVES threads.
- 200000 tokens reserved for subscribing to WAVES newsletter at wavesplatform.com website.
- 300000 tokens reserved for signature campaign participants at Bitcointalk.
Free to join Slack channel - wavesplatform.slack.com