In crypto, Moonmath is a half-joke prediction model for future Bitcoin price based on past performance.
The basic Moonmath table projects a price development starting from a certain past timespan. It tells you on which future date the price of Bitcoin will reach one million dollars, should the trend of the selected timeframe continue.
Moonmath is available at moonmath.win, a website developed and maintained by Redditor u/jarederaj.
Moonmath exists just for fun, but since every crypto-related website has to disclaim that its contents are just for fun due to financial regulations, it is worth explaining why Moonmath actually exists just for fun.
- Moonmath uses a mathematical model that projects future performance based off past performance. This idea is extremely unreliable in general.
- The projection that Moonmath gives is too linear. It predicts a slow, steady price action which is not the reality of cryptocurrency trading at all.
Since its inception, the Moonmath website started hosting other price projection tools that are to be taken seriously since they are more reliable in nature.
- Azop’s Rainbow Charts that are otherwise only available through Reddit’s long lost and not searchable comments, or through now defunct website
- Supert’s Bitcoin price projection based off network activity which is actually a very good approach to assess a crypto’s fundamentals. Redditor
u/_supert_posts them only as comments to Reddit’s daily threads, hence they are also easy to miss.
An old version of Supert’s Bitcoin price prediction model is available on Github.
Tools for Crypto Long-Term Holding that are better than Moonmath
- Purchases with KYC: Independent Reserve (Aussie exchange with DCA AutoSchedule function)
- Purchases with no KYC: LocalCryptos (The state of the art in crypto P2P trading)
- Ledger wallet deals from ATNET’s Eternal Black Friday
- …Or go for some other crypto wallet
Want to *really* learn crypto charting & technical analysis?
Hate to break it to you, but there's no trading school, no neatly structured course and no simple how to.
Read our articles to get familiar with the tools, but try everything hands on. Trading will press your emotions, you can only really learn it as you go.
All the good crypto charting tools and platforms are accessible for FREE in either TradingView app or at Bitfinex. Just start!