Just here for the bitfinex fee discount?
Sign up through Bitfinex referral link below to get 6% fee discount on Bitfinex.
Thank you for coming to our TED talk.
Just Here for the quick action?
Enter Bitfinex Referral Code
5egV78YtlC or click the shill link below to get 6% fee discount on Bitfinex.
No KYC required - No minimum deposit - No withdrawal limit
Thank you for coming to our TED talk.
In this article:
- Staking on Bitfinex
- Trading on Bitfinex
- Fee discount on Bitfinex
- Verification levels on Bitfinex
- Tools for Bitfinex trading
- About Bitfinex company
Staking on Bitfinex
Staking on Bitfinex is possible by simply holding PoS coins in an exchange wallet on the exchange. KYC is not necessary to earn by staking on Bitfinex. You can still withdraw or trade staked coins any time - with certain quirks.
Trading on Bitfinex
Bitfinex is currently the last remaining trusted trading platform that offers leveraged spot trading products without KYC.
And you do get good products for your crypto trading:
- New markets continuously added
- Bottom limit for purchase is usually around 10 USD worth
- Bitfinex exchange is regularly the last one standing during FOMO runs when every other crypto trading platform is down
There is no Bitfinex sign up bonus, but you do get 6% fee discount with a referral code, and you might get more discounts if you KYC verify. Enter Bitfinex Referrer Code
5egV78YtlC at bitfinex.com.
Bitfinex Derivatives Trading
Since Bitfinex is so widely known for offering spot trading, lending and staking with no KYC, there has been the assumption that derivatives would be also accessible like that.
They are not. Bitfinex requires you to pass KYC verification to access derivatives trading.
If you don’t want to verify on Bitfinex, there are other options:
- Deribit started requiring KYC on 9 November 2020, but the KYC is basic and verified in short time. Deribit is a trusted platform in the community.
- Phemex offers perps and other derivatives trading without KYC, but is new in the business.
Crypto Trading Strategies Best for Bitfinex
Although no minimum deposit is required to unlock a new account, Bitfinex is an exchange most used by serious traders and investors who have at the very least 5 figures worth of trading stash.
Margin lending strategy template (best for bitfinex lending)
Bitcoin funding rate strategy: How to decide whether the swap rate is enough to cover your risk and why it is a stupid idea to lend your coins for peanuts.
Wyckoff trading method for ranging markets
Fully reworked primer on ranging crypto markets. Includes Wyckoff method for market phases and recommended TradingView scripts.
Complete crypto dca strategy: why, how, where
Did you know by how much can DCA beat HODL?
Market timing in crypto
Timing the market has a bad rap. But there are strategic approaches to it, even on crypto markets.
How to get a fee discount on Bitfinex
- Go to
bitfinex.com. Check you are on the correct site with the genuine SSL certificate!
- Sign up and enter the referrer code
5egV78YtlC. You can also use our sign up link that enters the code for you.
- That’s it! Start trading. The sooner you start trading, the bigger your fee discount is.
Your Bitfinex fee discount starts at 6% and reduces second by second in a linear way. In total, every thirty days your fee discount is reduced by 0.5%.
Getting your identity verified on Bitfinex can generate additional fee discount for you if you make use of the LEO exchange token - jump to Bitfinex Verification Levels to learn more.
Bitfinex Verification Levels
Getting verified on Bitfinex is not necessary for most traders, but comes with advantages even if you do not want to deposit or withdraw fiat money.
Intermediate Level Verification on Bitfinex
Requires two government IDs or one ID and a Skype video call. Also requires utility bill for address proof, no older than 90 days.
Intermediate level verification gives you a more seamless crypto experience on Bitfinex. It does not entitle you to deposit and withdraw fiat, but it does entitle you to deposit and withdraw Tether.
- Access to airdrops and giveaways
Getting verified to at least intermediate level opens up the possibility for you to participate in airdrops that Bitfinex runs to promote new token launches on the platform.
- Faster cryptocurrency deposits
Verified users can trade deposited cryptocurrency faster, fewer confirmations are required before their deposit is credited.
- Access to exchange token
Bitfinex has their own exchange token (LEO) that can generate fee discount on other tokens for you.
Full Level Verification on Bitfinex
Requires bank statement, but only your first deposit must come from that account.
Full verification on Bitfinex entitles you to all benefits of the intermediate level, plus fiat deposits and withdrawals.
This is the only way in which Bitfinex still has minimum deposit requirement - you can only move fiat that is worth at least 10k USD.
Tools for your Bitfinex trading
Use the Bitfinex app to trade from your phone, but restrict its capabilities so that your trading stash stays safe even on the phone you are using day to day.
- #HOWTO How to use the Bitfinex App in a secure way
- #GUIDES Crypto Wallet Guide: Where to store crypto in 2020
- #TRADING 3 Most Dangerous Beginner Mistakes in Crypto Trading
Want to *really* learn crypto charting & technical analysis?
Hate to break it to you, but there's no trading school, no neatly structured course and no simple how to.
Read our articles to get familiar with the tools, but try everything hands on. Trading will press your emotions, you can only really learn it as you go.
All the good crypto charting tools and platforms are accessible for FREE in either TradingView app or at Bitfinex. Just start!
About Bitfinex Company
Bitfinex is a custodial crypto trading platform that provides spot trading, leveraged trading and crypto futures trading.
Unlike exchanges such as Independent Reserve, Bitfinex is really a platform catering towards active traders. It has a full featured interface with all you need for daytrading spot or futures market in crypto, and the same data-rich UI for the lending market.
On the other hand, Bitfinex doesn’t provide as high leverage as BitMEX and is not focused primarily on derivatives, which means the crowd on Bitfinex is less focused on very short-term speculation. Margin cascades are rare.
The user interface on Bitfinex has embedded charts from TradingView PRO. The charts offer wide range of indicators for technical analysis.
Bitfinex as a Company
As a company, Bitfinex as well as its related companies is based in British Virgin Islands under iFinex.
Bitfinex exchange was hacked in August 2016.
Despite the hack it managed to retain a wide user base thanks to its powerful trading interface for desktop and also its great Bitfinex mobile app.
- Bitfinex offers a wide range of markets denominated in USD, EUR, JPY from the fiat choices and BTC, ETH, EOS and many more for the crypto pairs.
- Tether markets as well as withdrawals are available, but dollar pairs on Bitfinex trade against USD, not Tether.
- Margin markets are funded via a public P2P lending system. Identity verification is not needed for lending.
- Bitfinex opened a derivatives section of the platform in September 2019.
The Bitfinex exchange is available worldwide. There is limitation on margin trade for Americans - however the exchange is still operational from American IP address. New users on US IP just have to state they are not American residents.
No KYC is needed other than for fiat deposit/withdrawal. There might be restrictions for Bitfinex futures markets based on your location.
About DeversiFi (formerly ETHFinex, EOSFinex)
Bitfinex has been dabbing into non-custodial trading. Their first venture there was EthFinex, a non-custodial DEX for ETH-based trading.
Ethfinex.com was discontinued since 12 October 2019 and all non-custodial trading moved on to DeversiFi.
DeversiFi is a decentralized cryptocurrency exchange that runs on that enables trading of tokens and any other cryptocurrency (even BTC) in it’s ‘wrapped’ form.
The platform is owned and maintained by the same company as the Bitfinex exchange, but offers non-custodial crypto trading: On DeversiFi, you trade crypto directly from your hardware or software cryptocurrency wallet without any signup.
Personalities related to Bitfinex
Executives at Bitfinex/iFinex
- Jean Louis van der Velde - The CEO who is not publicly known much.
- Phil G. Potter, also known as PGP - The one member of staff that became the face of Bitfinex for years, communicated with traders on teamspeak etc.
- Giancarlo Devasini - CFO at Bitfinex and Tether.
- Stuart Hoegner - Resident lawyer at Bitfinex.
Community Managers at Bitfinex
- Zane Tackett - Former head of community. Worked for OkCoin before Bitfinex and as the head of OTC at B2C2 after Bitfinex.
- Chris Ellis - Activist, former head of community after Zane Tackett, also known from his appearances in Keiser Report.
Other Personalities Related to Bitfinex
- Bitfinex’d, on Reddit known as Voogru - A controversial and probably hired figure spreading fear regarding the legal stability of Bitfinex/iFinex since 2016.
- Ivan Manuel Molina Lee - Head of Crypto Capital, accused of money laundering via Bitfinex.
Zane Tackett, the former head of community at Bitfinex, now works for the FTX Derivatives Exchange. FTX lists Bitfinex as one of their liquidity partners.