Ethereum PoW (ETHW) is a token that is based on the Ethereum blockchain that was launched as a forked coin 24 hours after the Ethereum Merge. While the principal ETH chain, and the ticker ETH, belongs to the merged Ethereum on a PoS algo, ETHW uses a Proof of Work algorithm to secure its network. ETHW is intended to be a viable cryptocurrency, learn more about it at Twitter.
If you held ETH balance on a centralized exchange like Bitfinex or FTX (Intl or US), you have by now received an ETHW airdrop in the same amount of coins as of the ETH you held through the Merge.
The best Web3 wallet for the task is Metamask. The Metamask browser extension allows you to interact with any blockchain, you just need to specify its RPC address and several other details.
- Warning: As a security precaution in case of replay attacks, it is best to move your ETH to a different address first, before you move your ETHW.
How to access ETHW if you’re not using MetaMask
Ledger wallet does not support ETHW at this time, but all hardware wallet owners who held their ETH on them have the option to plug in their device and load it using Metamask as the user interface. Metamask supports any token that you import in it, including ETHW.
- Get the Metamask extension and create a new account.
- Plug in your wallet and open its ETH app.
- Once your ETH wallet gets loaded, go to MetaMask, click the settings icon, select
Connect Hardware Wallet > [your wallet brand], and click Continue.
Carry on below.
If your wallet with ETH balance is ready in Metamask
When you’re good to go and can see your ETH account in Metamask:
- In Metamask, click on the three dots icon, and select Expand view.
- Manually connect Metamask to the ETHW network by following this guide provided by Metamask.
Here’s the network input data, which you can double-check at ETHW’s official Twitter account:
Network Name: ETHW-mainnet New RPC URL: https://mainnet.ethereumpow.org Chain ID: 10001 Currency Symbol: ETHW Block Explorer URL: https://mainnet.ethwscan.com
Once you’ve done this, you can now send and receive transactions as well access decentralized applications (dapps).
Where to trade the ETHW tokens
There is a number of exchanges with USDT markets.
- OKX is one of the few exchanges that supports leverage and perps for ETHW as well as a wide range of trading products for it.
- FTX Intl and FTX US both opened an ETHW spot market denominated in USD.
- Bitfinex opened spot markets for ETHW in USD and USDT without a KYC requirement.
- Gate.io has a USDT market for ETHW.
Gate.io, Bitfinex, and OKEx all support the trading of ETHW. Gate.io is a cryptocurrency exchange that allows you to trade ETHW with Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Tether.